Eggplant baked with tomatoes, parmesan, and basil then topped with freshly grated fontina. Delicious and easy to make, these baked eggplant parmesan make the perfect meals.
There’s something about baked eggplant topped with fresh tomatoes, basil, and cheese that’s just so amazingly delicious.
This is one of my sister’s favorites dish. So I thought I’d share it with you.
This fresh eggplant parmesan tastes like pizza without the crust. How can you resist eggplants and tomatoes topped with melted cheese and the fragrance of fresh basil baked into every single tasty bite?
I definitely can’t.
But just how easy is it to make this dish?
Soo very. Because really, all you have to do is place everything on a baking pan and place it into the oven.
Simple, right? And so perfect for a lazy night’s dinner. =)
First, preheat the oven to 350F. Then lightly grease the bottom of the baking pan with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray. I used a 9 inch springform pan, but you can use a regular round 9 inch pan or a square pan. Whatever you have is fine.
Place the sliced eggplants on the bottom in a single layer if possible. Then stack sliced tomatoes and basil leaves.
Pour the tomato sauce over the vegetables. I just used my favorite tomato sauce. Top with cheese.
Bake the eggplant in the oven at 350F for about 15-20 minutes until the eggplants are soft and the cheese have melted. Top with fresh basil if desired.
Serve the eggplants warm.
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ⅛ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ⅛ cup fresh fontina cheese, grated
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9 inch round or square baking pan with olive oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the sliced eggplant in a single layer on the bottom of the baking pan. Top the eggplant slices with tomatoes and fresh basil leaves. Pour the tomato sauce over the eggplants, tomatoes, and basil leaves.
- Top with parmesan and fontina cheese.
- Place the baking pan into the oven and bake the eggplants until they’re soft and the cheese has melted, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and serve the eggplant parmesan with fresh basil if desired.
- Serve the eggplant parmesan warm.