Noodles with boy choy tossed in chili garlic oil, sesame oil, and soy sauce for a simple yet flavorful meal. These Garlic Chili Oil Noodles make the perfect pantry meal.
I can’t believe that it’s already the first day of April. Time passes by so quickly and yet at the same time so slowly. And those rare days when I do venture out for a breath of fresh air, I notice that spring has fully arrived. And unfortunately, we’re missing out on it right now.
I’m checking in with you guys again and hoping you are all well. To be honest, towards the beginning of the second week of sheltering in place, I was having trouble coping with our currently reality. I always thought that I was somewhat introverted. So for the most part, I have no trouble keeping myself busy and entertained. Mostly because even though I’m currently not working as a hygienist while we’re sheltering in place, I still have this blog. And I’m still creating recipes. But the idea of possibly coming out of all of this without a job is terrifying and honestly keeps me up at night. Which I’m sure is true for so many of us. So if you ever need to talk, please feel free to leave me a comment or send me an email. I’ll be here checking in on you guys because we all need all the love and support right now. <3
In the meantime, I have yet another pantry cooking recipe to share with you.
Several weeks ago, I shared with you one of my favorite chili garlic oils. Basic ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. Make a batch of it and you can add it to almost everything.
When I made these simple noodles weeks ago, I didn’t realize how handy they would become when we’re all relying on what we have in our pantry.
Noodles, veggies, chili garlic oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, and scallions or onions. Basically, anything goes. Any noodles that you have, any veggies that you have, will work. Super simple and super flavorful.
Cook the noodles of your choice according to the directions on the package. Add the bok choy or your choice of veggies in to cook with the noodles for a few minutes. Drain the water, and place onto a plate.
Toss the noodles and bok choy in chili garlic oil, sesame oil, scallions, and soy sauce.
Serve the garlic chili oil noodles cold.
- 2 packages instant noodles
- 2-3 bok choy or other veggies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil, more to taste
- 2-3 teaspoons chili garlic oil, more to taste
- Fried onions or scallions
- Fresh onions or scallions, chopped
- Cook the noodles of your choice according to the directions on the package. Add the bok choy or your choice of veggies in to cook with the noodles for a few minutes. Drain the water, and place onto a plate.
- Toss the noodles and bok choy in chili garlic oil, sesame oil, scallions, and soy sauce.
- Serve the garlic chili oil noodles cold.