Fresh yellow peaches with cream cheese baked in puff pastries. These peaches ‘n cream puff pastries are the perfect dessert for late summer.
Can you believe we’re at the end of August already? I’m not ready for summer to come to an end.
And as soon as August is over, I feel like it’ll immediately be fall and we’ll see pumpkins galore.
Not that I mind, especially when I get to see fall foliage when I leave the city. My favorite time of the year. But sometimes time moves so fast, doesn’t it?
I’ve wanted peaches ‘n cream something, anything, for the last few weeks and finally got around to making these super easy puff pastries. Only a few ingredients and you have a small batch of peach desserts ready. These aren’t too sweet so they can also be eaten as a breakfast pastry too.
Can you imagine? Waking up to one of these summery pastries?
I love incorporating fresh fruits in my desserts as you’ve probably noticed over the last few weeks. And this is one of my favorites. Easy to prepare, a few simple ingredients, and a little bit of time, and you’ll have a delicious dessert.
You’ll want to hurry and try these puff pastries before peaches go out of season.
Take out a puff pastry sheet from the freezer about 10-15 minutes before you start prepping to allow it to thaw. You want the puff pastry sheet to thaw, but you also want it to remain as chilled as possible so that the puff pastry will puff up more.
Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or with a silicone baking mat.
In a small bowl, whip together cream cheese and sugar until the cream cheese mixture appears smooth.
Cut the peaches into thin slices.
Take thawed puff pastry and spread it on a flat surface. You can line flat surface with either parchment paper or wax paper so that it doesn’t stick. Cut the puff pastry into four equal pieces. As equal as you can anyways. You can see that mine weren’t too even.
Place the puff pastry sheet onto the baking sheet. Spread the cream cheese down the center. Place the peach slices on top. Then bring two opposite corners of the puff pastry sheet to the center.
Brush the puff pastry with a beaten egg. The egg wash will help brown the puff pastry.
Sprinkle sugar on top, especially over the peaches. When the sugar melts, it’ll look as if there’s a glaze.
Bake the puff pastries in the oven for about 10 minutes until the pastry turns golden brown.
Serve the peaches ‘n cream puff pastries with a little bit more sugar on top.
- 1 puff pastry sheet, thawed but chilled
- ½ cup softened cream cheese
- 1 ½ -2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large yellow peach, sliced thinly
- 1 beaten egg
- More granulated sugar for topping
- Mint for garnish
- Take a puff pastry sheet from the freezer and allow it to begin to thaw about 10 minutes before preparing the rest of the ingredients. The puff pastry sheet needs to thaw but should still remain chilled to allow it to puff up.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Then line a baking sheet with either parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese with the granulated sugar. Taste the cream cheese mixture and add more sugar to your taste.
- Cut the peach into thin slices.
- Once the puff pastry sheet has thawed, slice the sheet until 4 even squares.
- Spread the cream cheese in the center of the puff pastry squares. Place the slices of peach over the cream cheese mixture.
- Bring the opposite corners of the puff pastry sheet to the center.
- Now, brush the beaten egg over the puff pastry. The egg wash will help make the pastry golden brown. Sprinkle granulated sugar over the pastries especially over the peaches.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for about 10 minutes until the puff pastries are golden brown.
- Garnish the peaches ‘n cream puff pastries with granulated sugar if desired.
- Serve the puff pastries warm or cold.
SO easy, pretty, & delicious!! Lovely.
These lovely pastries look absolutely fantastic!
This looks so yummy and refreshing! Thanks for sharing the recipe!