Tortilla chips topped with honey BBQ shredded chicken, fresh tomatoes, diced avocadoes, corn kernels, melted mozzarella, and a side of sour cream. These honey bbq chicken nachos are the perfect snack for serving guests.
I love to snack.
And I especially love to snack on anything that has “supreme,” “super,” or “loaded” in the title, just because there are just so many elements to the dish. I mean, the different flavors, the different textures, the different ingredients, just somehow work so well together in one dish, and it makes eating fun.
Plus, dishes like these nachos are absolutely perfect for sharing, and it’s pretty easy to put together if you have all the ingredients on hand.
Like, maybe you’ll want to serve these honey BBQ chicken nachos while watching the Olympics opening ceremony or your favorite event.
Will you be watching the Olympics in a couple days?
These honey BBQ chicken nachos are soo delicious and addictive.
It does take some planning, especially if you don’t have any leftover honey BBQ shredded chicken on hand. If you don’t have the chicken ready, you’ll have to add extra 2 hours for marinating and making the chicken. But it’ll definitely be worth it. Savory and sweet, this honey BBQ chicken is perfect for nachos, tacos, sandwiches, and even pastas. Don’t you love versatile recipes?
You can find the recipe for honey BBQ shredded chicken here.
These tortilla chips are topped with honey BBQ shredded chicken, diced tomatoes, diced avocadoes, corn kernels, and melted mozzarella with a side of sour cream. You can also serve with salsa and guacamole. But since the tortilla chips had salt and the chicken was flavorful, I opted for simple fresh ingredients instead. I also used canned corn for this recipe just because it was easier to use. But you can use fresh cooked corn too.
Layer the tortilla chips on the bottom of a large plate. Make sure that the plate is either microwave safe or oven safe because you’ll want to put the plate into the microwave or oven to melt the mozzarella cheese.
Place the shredded honey BBQ chicken over the chips. Add diced tomatoes, corn kernels, and avocado. Scatter shredded mozzarella cheese over the top.
Microwave or place in the oven until the mozzarella has melted.
Serve the honey BBQ chicken nachos with a dollop of sour cream.
- 2 handful tortilla chips, more if desired
- ½ -1 cup honey BBQ shredded chicken
- ⅓ cup fresh diced tomatoes, or salsa
- 1 medium avocado, sliced and diced
- ½ cup cooked corn kernels
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sour cream, optional
- Layer the tortilla chips on the bottom of a large plate. Make sure that the plate is either microwave safe or oven safe.
- Place the shredded honey BBQ chicken over the chips. Add diced tomatoes, corn kernels, and avocado. Scatter shredded mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Microwave or place in the oven until the mozzarella has melted.
- Serve the honey BBQ chicken nachos with a dollop of sour cream.
** Cook time varies depending on whether you use the oven or microwave to melt the mozzarella cheese.