Garlic roasted in olive oil to create a deliciously aromatic spread. AKA Garlic Infused Olive Oil or Roasted Garlic Butter.
It’s not really butter. But that’s what makes this roasted garlic spread so wonderful.
Garlic cloves slowly roasted in olive oil until the garlic becomes aromatic.
The olive oil will be infused with garlic, perfect for salads or drizzling over your fish or meat for flavor.
The garlic cloves become soft and easy to spread, just like butter, perfect for making garlic bread.
Save this recipe because you’re going to be using it a lot in the future.
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Line a ramekin with foil. Add garlic cloves, olive oil, salt, and crushed red pepper for an extra kick. Fold the foil over the garlic mixture.
Place the ramekin in the oven and let the garlic slowly roast for about 35-40 minutes.
The garlic cloves will be soft and easy to mash into a butter like consistency.
Serve the garlic on toast or drizzle the garlic infused olive oil over a salad entrée.
- ½ a head of garlic, peeled
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt, more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Line a ramekin with foil. Place the garlic cloves, olive oil, salt, and crushed red pepper into the foil. Fold the foil to cover the garlic.
- Place the ramekin into the oven and allow the garlic to roast for 35-40 minutes until the garlic becomes soft and aromatic.
- Serve the garlic as a spread on bread or use the olive oil as a drizzle for your salad.