Sparkling water garnished with bursting cranberries and fresh ginger. Sweet with just the hint of spicy, this festive cranberry ginger ale soda is delicious and easy to make for guests over the winter holidays.
Happy Christmas Eve!
There were so many things I wanted to do with my blog for the holidays, but I just had no time while I worked most days these last couple weeks. It seems everyone wants to fit in a dental cleaning before the end of the year. Hopefully it’ll be less crazy after the new year begins. Luckily, I love my job as a dental hygienist so I don’t mind being so busy!
Today, I wanted to share another seasonal beverage, cranberry ginger ale.
Just imagine the fresh taste of ginger and tart cranberries infused in sparkling water. Flavorful and festive, this beverage is perfect for serving guests. But! I do know that not everyone loves ginger aka my youngest sister. So if you’re not a fan of ginger, and haven’t seen my Cranberry Mint Lime Sparkling Water, you should really try it.
That said, if you’re thinking that this will taste exactly like the Canada Dry Ginger Ale Soda, you’d be wrong. Since this drink uses fresh ginger, that unique spicy flavor of ginger will be distinctive in the beverage.
It’s soo easy to make and doesn’t take much time. Hope you’ll enjoy this Cranberry Ginger Ale as much as I do.
In a small pot, add sugar, water, fresh cranberries, and ginger. Allow the ingredients to simmer over low heat until the cranberries have burst open, and the simple syrup has turned red. You want to make sure that you don’t overcook the cranberries because otherwise, the simple syrup with whole cranberries will turn into a gelatinous jam or sauce. It should take about 3-4 minutes for the cranberries to burst open.
Pour a cup of club soda or sparkling water into a glass. Add about 4 tablespoons of the cranberry ginger simple syrup into the soda as well as several ice cubes. Garnish the drinks with bursting cranberries, a slice of ginger, and a small sprig of rosemary.
Serve the drinks cold.
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 large piece of ginger (about 1 tablespoon chopped)
- ⅓ cup water
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups club soda or sparkling water
- 8-10 ice cubes
- 2 slices of ginger for garnish
- In a small pot, add fresh cranberries, a slice of ginger, water, and granulated sugar. Allow the ingredients to simmer over low heat until the cranberries have burst open, about 4-5 minutes. Try not to overcook the cranberries. Otherwise, they turn gelatinous in consistency like jam or sauce.
- Add a cup of club soda or sparkling water into each glass, and then add ice cubes.
- Next, add about four tablespoons of the cranberry ginger simple syrup into each glass, more if desired.
- Garnish the beverages with bursting cranberries and a slice of ginger.
- Serve the drinks cold.