Baked custard like French toast with Nutella in every bite. This Baked Nutella French Toast is delicious and easy to make, a perfect choice for weekend brunch.
It’s almost Mother’s Day. Have you already made plans?
Our family hasn’t quite decided what we want to do yet. We’re a little last minute. Sometimes we do brunch and other times we do dinner. I think it just really depends on everyone’s availability.
But, just in case you need a last minute idea, this Baked Nutella French Toast is perfect for brunch and super easy to put together too. It takes very little time to make, and who can resist Nutella, right?
I love the chocolaty hazelnut taste in every single bite of this custardy French toast.
And if you have no Nutella in your pantry, that’s okay too. You can try my Baked Peanut Butter and Jelly French Toast instead. That tastes just as amazing.
First, preheat the oven at 350F.
Toast the bread to make the slices firmer. Slices of bread tend to dissolve very fast when they’re soaked in egg so I toast them beforehand to make them sturdier. Spread Nutella onto the slices of bread. I like to put more on the edges where the crust is. I have a complicated relationship with bread crust. I don’t really like them, but I can’t cut them off and throw them away because that’s a waste. So I compromise and slather the edges with whatever filling I’m using for the bread. See? Complicated.
Put the two slices of bread together. Then tear them into bite size pieces before placing them into a ramekin or a small oven safe dish.
In a small bowl, beat the egg, and add vanilla extract and soymilk. Whisk the ingredients together. Pour the egg mixture over the bread, making sure that every piece is coated.
Bake the French toast in the oven at 350F for about 15-20 minutes until the top is brown and the egg is cooked.
Top with powdered or granulated sugar. And garnish with sliced strawberries.
Come join me and other bloggers at fiesta Friday.
- 2 slices of bread, toasted
- 1 ½ tablespoon Nutella, more to taste
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tablespoon soymilk
- Powdered or granulated sugar (optional)
- Strawberries for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spread Nutella on both slices of toasted bread. Add more if needed. Place the two slices of bread together then tear them into bite size pieces. Place the pieces into an oven safe dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the beaten egg, vanilla extract, and soymilk.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread. Make sure that all the pieces are lightly coated with egg mixture.
- Bake the French toast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the top becomes brown and the egg is cooked.
- Remove the French toast from the oven, sprinkle with sugar, and top with sliced strawberries or other fruits.
- Serve the Baked Nutella French Toast warm.