Succulent prawns stir fried in butter with garlic and crushed red pepper. This spicy garlic prawns dish is a delicious entrée for dinner with a side of rice.
Tell me these don’t look good. Tell me.
I rarely ever cook with butter. For me, butter is associated with baking. Mostly because some baked goods just aren’t good without the butter. My opinion, of course. =)
But there are some instances when I think butter is a must in cooking. And those occasions usually involve garlic.
Seriously, if you ever heat up butter and throw in minced garlic, you’ll wonder why you haven’t been eating buttery garlic everything. Your kitchen will smell like heaven. Your taste buds will thank you.
And when you add prawns to the buttery garlic then season them with some crushed red peppers and a pinch of salt? You’ll have the perfect quick and easy dish in just mere minutes.
How much better can it get when you only need to have five ingredients on hand? Five ingredients that you probably won’t have to run out and buy: butter, garlic, prawns, crushed red peppers, and salt. Anyone missing any ingredients?
First, add the butter to a medium sized skillet over low to medium heat.
Allow the butter to melt and begin to simmer.
Now, add the minced garlic to the skillet. Cook the garlic for a few minutes until it starts to brown and become aromatic. Is your mouth watering yet? Mine sure is just thinking about them,
Next, add the prawns to the skillet as well as crushed red peppers and salt. Use a spatula to stir the prawns around until it is evenly cooked. The prawns will turn reddish orange and no longer gray.
Serve the prawns warm with a side of rice.
Join me and other food bloggers at Fiesta Friday.
- 1 ½ tablespoon butter
- 6-7 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 ½ dozen prawns
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red peppers
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon salt
- Finely chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
- Place the butter in a medium sized skillet over low to medium heat. Allow the butter to melt and begin to simmer.
- Next, add the minced garlic to the butter. Cook the garlic until they become golden brown and aromatic. Use a spatula to stir the garlic to prevent them from becoming burnt.
- Add the prawns to the buttery garlic. Cook the prawns until they become reddish orange and no longer appear gray.
- Season the prawns with crushed red peppers and salt.
- Cook for another minute before removing the skillet from heat.
- Serve the prawns with a side of rice.