This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CampbellSavings #CollectiveBias
Slightly crispy chicken cutlets cooked in a garlicky lemon butter sauce and topped with salsa. This chicken piccata is delicious and ready in less than 30 minutes.
With summer coming to an end, back to school is just around the corner. While I’m not in school, both my sisters are. And sometimes figuring out what to eat for dinner can be a pain.
After a long day, I really feel uninspired to spend the rest of my night in the kitchen making dinner and have extra to pack for lunch the next day.
That’s when simple delicious recipes like this Chicken Piccata are perfect. Using just a few ingredients, you can have a cheap weeknight dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes.
I love cutting into the chicken, taking a bite, and instantly savoring the moist tenderness of the chicken breast. A light coat of flour on the outside gives the chicken a slight crunchiness. And how could I forget the incredible garlicky lemony buttery sauce which adds so much depth to the flavor. Then, to take this dish a step further, you can top it with your favorite salsa. Mild, medium or hot depending on your taste. To make this recipe even easier, you can purchase Swanson chicken broth and Pace salsa to make this dish. No need to make it from scratch. And they can be found in the same aisle at Walmart.
Let’s get started!
First slice two chicken breasts in half lengthwise. This will make the chicken thinner and easier to cook. Thick slices of chicken often cook on the outside and are still raw in the inside.
Place flour into a container and drop the chicken into it. Rolling the chicken until it is lightly coated on all surfaces.
Add butter to a medium sized skillet over medium to high heat. Once the butter has melted, add the chicken breasts. You want to cook the chicken about 3-4 minutes per side until they’ve become golden brown.
Remove the chicken from the skillet. And add a little bit of chicken broth to the skillet. Use the spatula to scrape the bottom of the pan, which will have some brown bits left over from the chicken. I know, that totally sounds appetizing, doesn’t it? But seriously, that part contains a ton of flavor. When you add the chicken broth, it helps bring out the flavor.
Add the garlic, lemon juice, and salt to the sauce. Stir until the garlic is cooked and the sauce has thickened. If you feel like there’s not enough sauce, you can add a little bit more broth and cook it until it has thickened.
Pour the sauce over the lightly fried chicken breasts.
Top the chicken breasts with salsa and chopped parsley.
Serve the chicken piccata warm.
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise (about 6 oz each)
- ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup Swanson chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- ⅓ cup PACE salsa
- Slice the chicken in half lengthwise. The chicken will cook faster and more evenly if they are thinner pieces.
- Place all purpose flour in a dish or bowl. Then lightly coat the chicken breasts with flour on all surfaces. Lightly sprinkle salt on all surfaces.
- Add butter to a medium sized skillet over medium to high heat. Once the butter has melted, add the chicken breasts to the skillet. Cook the chicken breasts about 3-4 minutes per side until they appear browned.
- Once the chicken is done cooking, remove them from the skillet. Add chicken broth, garlic, lemon juice, and salt to the skillet. Use a spatula to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook the sauce until the sauce has thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and salsa.
- Serve the chicken piccata warm.
- Pace® Picante Sauce – Save $1 on any Two (2) jars of Pace® Picante Sauce or Salsa.
- Swanson® Chicken Broth – Save $0.50 on any TWO (2) cartons of Swanson® broth (26oz. or larger).
- Prego® Italian Sauces – Save $1 on any TWO (2) Prego® Italian sauces.
- SpaghettiOs® – Save $0.40 on any THREE (3) Campbell’s® SpaghettiOs® pastas.