Colorful murals on the streets of San Francisco.
Since the pandemic began a year ago, so many restaurants and stores have closed down. Windows have been boarded up. Store remain empty.
So I love it when I randomly stumble across artist Kate Tova’s art on the streets. This artist paints murals and hearts on wooden boards that are commonly seen on the streets of SF. I couldn’t resist photographing them. The colors <3
Kate paints hearts all over the city. Have you seen them?
In this week’s finds…
Always in the mood for soups and stews during the winter because they’re warm and cozy. Like this:
- Corn chicken chowder
- Quick and easy healthy chicken and sausage gumbo
- Instant pot broccoli cheddar and chicken soup
- Simple shrimp pho with vegetables
- White chicken lasagna soup
- Gingery chicken and rice noodle soup with crispy garlic
I miss eating out and enjoying dim sum so I definitely want to try these
- Har gow Chinese shrimp dumplings
- Shanghai pan fried pork buns
- Crispy egg noodles with seafood
- Hoisin chicken potstickers
- Spicy chicken ramen
These dishes would make the perfect weeknight dinner.
- Shrimp fajitas
- Vegan tofu and shiitake gyros
- Chile rellanos
- 30 minute creamy Thai chicken with noodles
- Soy glazed broiled salmon with sushi rice
- One pot coconut curry braised chicken thighs
- Pepper and cherry tomatoes pizza topped with prosciutto and burrata
- Turkish eggs with chili butter cilbir
- Pork and peanut noodles with crispy fried shallots
- Spicy tofu onigiri
- Curried cauliflower and chickpea salad
- Mushroom stuffed chicken breasts
Some desserts that I really want to try.
- Caramel macchiato macarons
- Nutella stuffed chocolate chip cookies
- Funfetti cupcakes
- Classic opera cake
- Red velvet cream cheese muffins
- Salted caramel mocha cake
- Chocolate raspberry truffle
- Brown butter pecan sheet cake
- Clementine cake
The gorgeousness of these simple winter greens and blood oranges.
The creativeness of these japchae spring rolls with sunbutter sauce.
How refreshing do these braised tofu fresh rolls with rice vermicelli sound?