A few weeks ago, Emily from Flavor Crazed nominated me and my blog for the Butterfly Light Award, which is given to people who spread light or positivity through their blog posts. I haven’t had the chance to write the posts for this award until today so it is a little bit delayed. Emily has a wonderful blog filled with recipes, photographs, stories, and poetry. I especially love her essential oils section. If you have the chance, check out her blog at Flavor Crazed.
This award was started by a blogger named Idiot Writer who wanted to thank a fellow blogger for helping her.
Here are the conditions for accepting this award:
Conditions For Accepting The Award
1. You must write an acceptance post, making sure you link back to the blogger who awarded you and thank them. You may not lump this award in with other awards.
2. You must individually name and nominate a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 9999999 bloggers. You have to let them know either personally with a comment on their blog OR a pingback
3. You must link back to IdiotWriter’s blog either to http://idiotwriting.wordpress.com/2014/03/13/i-love-charismatic-geeks/ OR http://idiotwriting.wordpress.com/about/.
4. You must write a short paragraph – Entitled either “How I’m Spreading Light” OR “How I’m A Positive Influence”.
5. Display IdiotWriter’s lovely “Butterfly Light Award” badge on your blog.
How I’m a Positive Influence
I think it’s really important to find happiness in even the smallest of things, even in a moment of a day. It’s why I recently began participating in the #100HappyDays Challenge. And I want to encourage others to participate too, to realize that the smallest things can make us happy. I was actually awarded the Butterfly Light Award before I even participated in the challenge. My blog is focused on recipes that are quick and easy and are relatively healthy. I know that many of us find it difficult balancing the different parts of our lives, whether it’s work or family or something else entirely. My hope is that my blog can help people discover that cooking doesn’t have to be a hardship, that it can be simple and fun. I want my readers to be able to have fun cooking as well as enjoy what they eat. In the six months that I’ve been blogging, I feel that I’ve made a little bit of an impact on some of my readers and I want to continue to do that. Each of us has something to contribute, each of us can have a positive influence or can spread light. All it starts with is one small thing. =)
I want to present this award to:
Joanna @ The Food Gurly – this blog is filled with tons of gluten free recipes. Joanna is always giving out giveaways to her readers! I feel that she is doing such a good job spreading awareness of celiac disease and introducing gluten free products to her followers.
Jess @ Cooking is My Sport – this blog is filled with the most amazing recipes. Jess is always telling stories about her life and entertaining us with her writing.
Connie @ Foodessen – this blog is filled with lots of recipes that are both German and American. She interacts with her followers and shares posts that she loves with her followers, allowing them to discover new and wonderful things. =)
Congratulations and thank you so much for being such a positive influence!