Life of a Wallflower Part 2 – 27th Birthday

Just another little peek into my life. =)

I don’t look forward to growing a year older. Who does, right? Sometimes I feel as if there’s extra pressure to be more accomplished, to be something greater, and I’m worried that I don’t meet those expectations.

But birthdays are always fun too. What’s the best part about birthdays? The birthday cards! Lol. It’s the always the best part of birthdays and Christmases for me because it’s the most sentimental.  I love reading what people write to me.

I turn 27 today, the 15th, but I celebrated with friends a few days earlier, because it was the only time we were all free. I wanted to dedicate this post to my friends, who know who they are and have been there for me through the years.

We had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory at Hillsdale Shopping Center in San Mateo. I know it’s odd that I ended up going to a chain restaurant, but I love the food there and the cheesecakes are amazing though so very fattening. I figured it’s okay every once in awhile though to live it up =)

I ordered my favorite dish, Chicken Madeira. One of these days, I’m going to figure out how to make this dish and share the recipe with you. I’ll have to run out to get Madeira wine first though!

Image

Some of the other foods we ordered.

Complimentary bread.

Image

Mozzarella, tomato, and basil flatbread.

Image

Skinny shrimp tacos.

Image

Chicken Madeira and Herb Crusted Salmon Combo.

Image

As for the presents? I love cards as I said above. This was perfect and so true!

Image

And the ultimate surprise was this. But… I haven’t opened it yet because I don’t have a cover to protect it. Yes, I’m one of those people. I can’t stand scratches on my screens. It drives me crazy. lol.

Image

This post is really just a public thank you to my friends =)

Anyways, I’m about to post a yummy pancake recipe for you guys to start the weekend right. Have a wonderful weekend!

75 comments

1. anntogether.com says:

I just turned 51 and don’t mind at all. I think my outlook is purely based on the way my mom lives her life. This past Mother’s Day, my 82-year-old father bought his 78-year-old wife a shiny red kayak. I hope to be like her.
    You seem like quite an intelligent young woman – you’ll be a success in whatever you choose. Enjoy 27!
    AnnMarie

2. titiad says:

Thanks for finding my blog…and actually liking it 🙂 ENJOY being 27 – I have a feeling you already know all you need to know, no pressure. Would love to switch with you…but still know all that I know now 🙂

3. Tulitha says:

That card re: facebook is so appropriate. Facebook birthdays post feels so empty to me – there’s really no effort involved at all! Even the simple act of remembering. Looks like I turned 29 only a few day after your 27th. Happy belated birthday. Growing older is really not that bad, youth is overly glorified these days, much rather be wiser and more content. xx

4. frncnseal585 says:

Hi Andrea – find a recipe for “meat” marsala and substitute the Madera – that’s what I did until my grocery store quit carrying the Madera – it’s a bit sweeter than Marsala. Thanks for stopping by my blog – you hit it almost a full minute after I posted it.

5. tamsue says:

I was perusing your blog after seeing you liked one of my posts. I got a kick out of reading this because on the 14th of March I celebrated my 4th birthday. My grande tante Henrietta said all the best people were born between the 12th & the 17th. I’ve come across another one. 🙂 I really like your style. Thank you for checking out my blog. Glad to have met another piscean 🙂

6. Priya says:

Hello Andrea! Happy Bday! From the pictures I can tell u had a very special birthday! Well, I stumbled upon your blog coz u happened to like one of my posts. Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to read! Keep smiling, cooking and experimenting! 🙂

Let's chat!