I wanted to take this chance to thank everyone who has nominated my blog for these awards. You have no idea how much it means to me, especially since I started my blog only a few months ago.
If you have the chance, check out these bloggers. Not all of them are about food, but their blogs are amazing.
The Liebster Award
This is an award given to new bloggers.
I was nominated for the Liebster award by:
Camille from The Travelling Walkups
Patricia from Pink N’ Hot Chocolate
Meaghan from 4 Sons ‘R’ US
The Sunshine Award
This is an award given to blogs you feel are “positive, inspiring and creative.”
I was nominated for the Sunshine award by:
Joanna from Food Gurly
Amanda from the Fake Gourmet
Charlotte from Bake with Me Blog
Dragon’s Loyalty Award
This award is for the loyal fan/commenter, whether the recipient is a fellow blogger or just someone who follows and comments regularly.
In December, I was also nominated for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award by:
Chelsea from Wordgasm
In order to receive the awards, I have to:
- Thank the person who nominated me
- Answer questions given to be by the person who nominated me
- Nominate 5-10 people for the award
- Ask about 10-11 questions the nominees have to answer
- Comment on the nominee’s blog to let them know they received the award.
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging during a not so great part of my life. I didn’t do well on my licensing exam and I was trying to figure out what my next step is. I created a blog as a way to keep myself busy and to try something new.
2. Sweet or Savoury?
It really depends on my mood, but most of the time I prefer sweet.
3. If you were to go on any reality TV programme, what would it be and why?
Whodunnit because I love a good murder mystery and I think it’d be fun to try to solve a murder mystery, knowing that it’s not real.
4. What was the last thing you Googled?
Buffy the Vampire Slayer because I suddenly wanted to know how the show ended.
5. Night In or Night Out?
Night in. I like going out during the day more than at night.
6. What has been your favourite blog post to write?
Roasted Asparagus Spring Rolls was my favorite post because I felt that I put the most time and effort into writing a how to post. It also seems to be the post that is most useful to readers.
7. What’s the one thing you never leave home without?
Hand wipes. I hate sticky hands so I bring hand wipes with me everywhere. If I’m eating in a cafeteria, I have to wipe down the table before I can unpack my things. Yeah, I know. I have issues. Lol.
8. Where would you most like to travel to?
Everywhere. I haven’t really travelled far. But I would love to start with New Zealand because the landscape looks amazing.
9. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
Time travel. I just want to check on my future every once in awhile to know that I’m on the right path.
10. What can we expect to find from your blog in the future?
You can expect to find a ton more quick and easy recipes as well as more research into why a particular food item is good for you. I plan to link health benefits, both systemic and oral, with my dishes.
11. Do you like to travel? If so, where have you been?
I love to travel, but I haven’t had the chance to go to many places. The only place out of US that I’ve been to is Canada. But the furthest I’ve travelled is Hawaii.
12. What is your hobby?
I love writing fiction and making handmade cards.
13. What household chore do you hate the most?
Cleaning the bathroom for obvious reasons.
14. What is your dream job?
Dental hygienist by day and blogger/writer by night.
15. What is your favorite dessert, and why?
Macarons! I love the colors and the different flavors. Best dessert ever!
16. What is the story behind your blog’s name?
Would you believe that I’m shy outside of the blogging world? I especially hate public speaking. The original idea of a wallflower is someone who’s quiet and always there but not always noticed. There are days when I feel that way. But it’s completely differently in the blogging world because I can say whatever I want easily. =)
These bloggers are my nominees. Congratulations!
If they choose to accept this award, they will have to follow these rules.
- Thank the person who nominated them and link back to them in a post (sorry! Not my rules!)
- Answer questions given to them (pick any 10 of the questions I answered and answer them =). I answered more because I combined a few nominations)
- Nominate 5-10 people for the award
- Create 10-11 questions for the nominees to answer
- Leave a comment on the nominee’s blog to let them know you nominated them
Jess @ Cooking is My Sport
Kim @ Sweet Kimplicity
Liv and Maureen @ Catalog Envy
ejschaeffer98 @ Sweet and Preppy
Chelsea @ Wordgasm
Emily @ Cooking and Cancer
Emily@ Emily’s Daily
Ari @ The After School Chef
Lan @ More Stomach
Utah Kitchen Witches @ Kitchen Witches