Lemonade infused with fresh strawberry puree and the light floral flavor of lavender. This strawberry lavender lemonade is the perfect summer beverage.
Did I mention that my latest obsession is with lavender? No? Well, now you know.
You can blame that on the Farmer’s Market. Ever since last weekend, when I brought home a bundle of lavender from the Farmer’s Market, I’ve been making lavender this and lavender that nonstop. Like, back to back to back. I’ve been playing with different ingredients to see which complements lavender well. The house smells absolutely amazing, but I think we’re all lavendered out. Yes, I know. Lavender isn’t a verb. But seriously, ask my sisters. I think we’re done with lavender for awhile.
But no worries. I’m not bombarding you with lavender everything. It’ll be a gradual thing. And I hope you’ll like the lavender recipes as much as I enjoyed creating them.
What I love most about this beverage is the subtle taste of lavender paired with sweet strawberries and tart lemonade. Who would have thought that this combination would work, right? But it really does. This is basically a strawberry lemonade with a hint of lavender. But that hint makes a huge difference.
Strawberries pureed until they become smooth, then mixed with fresh lemonade and lavender simple syrup. It’s so easy to make, delicious, and so unique. You’ll be sure to impress your guests over the summer if you serve this drink.
First, add fresh lavender buds to water and sugar in a small pot. Heat the water until it comes to a boil. Let the lavender boil in the water for a couple minutes before turning off the heat. Let the lavender sit in the hot water for a few minutes so that the lavender flavor would become strong. Allow for the simple syrup to cool before pouring the syrup through a strainer to remove the lavender buds.
In the meantime, puree your strawberries with a little bit of water until it becomes smooth. It’ll look like agua fresca. =)
Add lemon juice to the strawberry water. Stir in the lavender simple syrup. Top with crushed ice.
Serve this strawberry lavender lemonade cold.
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lavender buds
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup chopped strawberries (3-4 large strawberries)
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- In a small pot, add water, granulated sugar, and fresh lavender buds. Heat the small pot until the water comes to a boil. Allow the water to continue boiling for about 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow the lavender to sit for a few minutes. Once the simple syrup has cooled, pour it over a strainer into a bowl or the container for the lemonade to remove the lavender buds.
- Add the strawberries and a half cup of water into a blender, and blend for several minutes until the strawberries appear smooth.
- Pour the strawberries into a container. Add the lemon juice and lavender simple syrup. Stir to mix until evenly incorporated.
- Serve the drinks with crushed ice.