Chocolate and nutella melted together in milk to create a delicious hazelnut flavored hot chocolate. This Nutella hot chocolate will keep you warm through the cold winter days.
It’s about time I posted another recipe for my hot chocolate series, especially since we’ve been having unusually cold weather these days. Well, it’s not too cold in San Francisco, except for the occasion windy storm. But I know it’s definitely cold in other parts of the States. What better way to warm up than with hot chocolate?
And not just any hot chocolate, but a Nutella hot chocolate. How can you (or I) resist that tasty flavor of hazelnut in chocolate? It’s like you’re drinking a Ferrero Rocher.
This Nutella hot chocolate is super easy to make with just three ingredients. Heat up the milk, stir in the chocolate paste, and melt the Nutella. Simple, right?
I love being able to make my own hot chocolate because I can control the flavor and the taste. You can always add more chocolate for a chocolaty taste, more Nutella for a more hazelnut taste, add heavy whipping cream for a creamy hot chocolate, top with whipped cream. So many possibilities.
First, pour the milk into a small pot over low heat. Allow the milk to warm until it just starts to simmer. Make sure to stir the milk to prevent it from burning at the bottom.
Add cocoa powder into a small bowl and add about a ¼ teaspoon of milk into the bowl. Stir the cocoa powder until it forms a chocolate paste. You want the cocoa powder to dissolve as much as possible. Scrape the paste into the warmed milk, and stir to evenly incorporate the paste in the milk.
Next, add the Nutella to the hot chocolate. I used about 2 tablespoons, but if you like, you can add more.
Serve this hot chocolate hot.
I’d love to see your pictures if you try any of my recipes. Tag your photos #cookingwithawallflower so that I can see them!
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder + ¼ - ½ teaspoon cold milk
- 2 tablespoons Nutella
- Heat the milk in a small pot over low heat until it starts to simmer. Make sure to stir the milk constantly to prevent the milk from burning at the bottom.
- Add cocoa powder and a little bit of cold milk to a small bowl. Stir the cocoa powder and milk until the cocoa powder is mostly dissolved and becomes a chocolate paste.
- Scrape the chocolate paste into the simmering milk, and stir until the chocolate is well incorporated.
- Add the Nutella to the milk, and stir to dissolve the Nutella.
- Serve the hot chocolate hot.